Safe Sleep for Your Baby
The Safe Sleep for Your Baby brochure provides parents and caregivers with information that can help babies sleep safely and lower the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, commonly known as SIDS.
There are steps that you can take to help create a safe sleep environment for your baby and lower the risk of SIDS.
- Provide a smoke-free environment before and after your baby is born.
- Breastfeeding can protect your baby.
- Always place your baby on his or her back to sleep, at naptime and night time.
- Provide your baby with a safesleep environment that has a firm surface and no pillows, comforters, quilts or bumper pads.
- Place your baby to sleep in a crib, cradle or bassinet next to your bed.