Back-to-school time is stressful on its own. Add in the specter of food allergies – of your own kids or their friends – and the stakes can feel even higher. What to toss in the lunch bag? What’s safe to share with the class? What can the kids grab between practices? What can you offer that’s not a packaged food? And so on.
- Help your child understand their allergies.
- Know what’s in your food.
- Be sure others know what’s in the food.
- Emphasize what your kid can have, rather than what they can’t.
- Try to hit a variety of food groups and compensate for what’s being left out.